IF YOU HAVE ANY CHANGES FOR YOUR ECT, INDUCTION TUTOR OR MENTOR DETAILS, PLEASE INFORM US BY EMAILING TS-HUB@BALCARRAS.GLOUCS.SCH.UK
The Early Career Framework (ECF) sets out what early career teachers (ECTs) are entitled to learn about and learn how to do when they start their careers. It underpins a new entitlement for 2 years of professional development designed to help early career teachers develop their practice, knowledge and working habits.
Balcarras Teaching School Hub, have partnered with UCL (Institute of Education) as our main delivery partner for the ECF and have designed a programme for ECT's. The Local Authority, Adfecto, Odyssey and Balcarras are working together to ensure that ECT's (Early Career Teachers) across Gloucestershire are provided with full training to meet all of the requirements of the ECF framework. This will be the FIP (Full Induction Programme).
The ECF entitles Early Career Teachers to two years of support including:
- 2 years of new, funded, high-quality training for all ECTs
- Funding for 5% time away from the classroom for teachers in their second year
- A dedicated mentor and support for these mentors including access to funded high-quality training and resources
- Funding to cover mentors’ time with the mentee in the second year of teaching
- Further funding for schools opting for the Full Induction Programme (FIP) to backfill for Mentors to take part in training (36 hours over 2 years)
Schools will be able to choose from three options of the ECF programme:
- Full Induction Programme (FIP) - A funded provider led programme using UCL as the delivery partner
- Core Induction Programme (CIP) - Schools delivering their own training using DfE accredited resources
- School-based Programme - Schools designing and delivering their own ECF induction programme
For further information on the above options, please click here
If you appointed an Early Career Teacher and not yet registered with us, please contact us at
ECT Induction - Summary of Roles and Responsibilities