The Early Career Framework (ECF) sets out what early career teachers (ECTs) are entitled to learn about and learn how to do when they start their careers. It underpins a new entitlement for 2 years of professional development designed to help early career teachers develop their practice, knowledge and working habits.
We, at Balcarras Teaching School Hub, have partnered with UCL (Institute of Education) as our main delivery partner for the ECF and we are designing a program for ECT's in line with their delivery plan. The Local Authority, Adfecto, Odyssey and Balcarras are working together to ensure that ECT's (Early Career Teachers) across Gloucestershire will be provided with full training to meet all of the requirements of the new framework. This will be the FIP (Full induction program).
The ECF entitles early career teachers to two years of support including:
- 2 years of new, funded, high-quality training for all ECTs
- funding for 5% time away from the classroom for teachers in their second year
- a dedicated mentor and support for these mentors including access to funded high-quality training and resources
- Funding to cover mentors’ time with the mentee in the second year of teaching
- Further funding for schools opting for the Full Induction Programme (FIP) to backfill for mentors to take part in training (36 hours over 2 years)
Schools will be entitled to choice from three options to enable WORD for the success of the ECF to be implemented:
- Full Induction Programme (FIP)
- Core Induction Programme (CIP)
- School-based Programme
If you appointed an Early Career Teacher and not yet registered with us, please contact us at
ECF Launch Recording
Early Career Framework Programme – Primary Schedule – Terms 1 & 2
Early Career Framework Programme – Secondary Schedule – Terms 1 & 2